Austin Energy's Home Performance with Energy Star program provides rebates for home energy efficiency improvements.
Home Performance with Energy Star is a nationwide energy retrofit program for homes that works with local, state and municipal governments and utilities to provide incentives for home energy efficiency improvements. Austin Energy administers the program for the City of Austin, and 1st Choice Energy is a participating contractor.
Here's how it works:
- Call and schedule a home energy audit
- We'll perform a thorough visual inspection of your home and recommend home energy improvements that will lower your energy bill and qualify for rebates
- Our experienced team will complete the upgrade work and process all rebate paperwork
- Austin Energy will perform a quality assurance check of all work
- Your rebate check will be mailed in 3-6 weeks by Austin Energy
Improvements that qualify for rebates under the Home Performance with Energy Star program include:
- High efficiency air conditioning systems and/or heat pumps
- Duct repair and duct sealing
- Attic insulation
- Solar screens and window film
- Caulking and weatherstripping